No matter how tight our budget maybe this holidays, I know we allot a percentage of our money to buying decorations. I, for myself feel that decorating during this time of the year lightens up my mood. Odd as it seems, I still feel glowing even though I went over my budget for decors. But this year, I have made a pact with myself to make sure that I stay within my spending boundaries but my home still radiating.
I have come up with a few ways on how to give my flat a festive vibe while not stressing that I have went over board when it comes to my budget. Like to share them with you:
- Decide a theme. Choosing one theme makes it easier for us to make a list of what are the trinkets that we will be buying. Like if we want a white mood, then our trip to the store less stressful.
- Make use of your natural surroundings. Take a walk and scout for twigs and pinecones. Go green as much as you can.
- Go to sales or discount stores. Never understimate discount stores. They have fabulous products at very affordable prices.
- Buy a day after the big day. Perks during the day after Christmas? For one, the prices are usually after the price and people traffic is almost non-existent.
- Place a wreath as your centerpiece. It’s table life will last from Thanksgiving till Christmas or even New Year.
Decorating during the holidays is virtually part of our system. I have followed the first two ways above. It doesn’t matter really how expensive or how cheap our decorations are. But it would be a great relief if we go to sleep knowing how our friends will be awed when they see our decorations and we still have extra budget to serve them mac and cheese.